Monday, September 13, 2010

September ponderings

So I just realised that it is currently mid September and there are no Sep blogs. So either you're all eagerly awaiting my next blog assuming it must be really great with a couple of weeks of brewing...or...you've all forgotten I exist. I'm guessing the latter, particularly for all those kiwi's who've had their brains (and everything else) shaken around quite a bit recently.

I'm trying to wrack my brains for what has actually happened in the last couple of weeks. For starters it was Rosh HaShanna (Jewish New Year) this weekend. I got to leave half way through the day on Wed and had all of Thurs and Fri off work (all paid!!) From Wed night through to Saturday night I basically just rotated three fantastic activities; shul, eating and sleeping. Sunday I did important things like washing and grocery shopping. Today is Monday, Monday = work so you are now up to date on my last week.

The Sunday before Rosh HaShanna Sapir left. That was tough :( Something I've realised I dislike greatly about moving around is the number of people you have to miss. On one hand I want to be in NZ because of my family and friends there. On the other hand I want to be in Israel to be with my Israeli friends and at the same time I know that leaving here is going to mean leaving a lot of good friends behind.

I haven't been sick since I last posted, which is great except I now have a kg of organic honey which I bought based on the fact I was going through a container every couple of weeks. If I was in NZ this wouldn't be such a problem since NZ honey is awesome, but the aussie stuff has no flavour. It's just this syrup. (I suspect this is not true of all aussie honeys but so far I have not found any that wonderful).

Tomorrow night I'm going to a Shlomo Katz concert, VERY excited. Shabbat is Yom Kippur, again VERY excited! Then I have a half week of work before sukkot, which means piles and piles and piles and piles and piles of eating. Currently I'm trying to organise where I'm going for everything.

No comments:

Post a Comment