Monday, October 18, 2010

Shopping for crocs...

All those times I walked past the croc stalls in NZ I never realised how much I would wish for one of those stalls here. Yet two malls and one random walk later I am still crocless. Anyone who knows anything about women, knows that managing to walk through two malls and inner-city Melbourne without purchasing a thing is an impossibility. So...despite the lack of crocs I managed to do a few other things on the list. Firstly, due to the impending 28 degree day (the impetus for the croc hunt) I took a big gulp and had my hair chopped. I'm not sure how many 'hair chops' I've had in the last year, but every single one feels like a very big deal. For the first time I actually found a hairdresser who listened to what I was saying, ignoring the look on my face after every cut. My new shoulder length cut is literally shoulder length, which means if you pull it straight it just reaches my shoulders. The majority goes into a ponytail, but there are actually bits that fall out. I think this is the shortest my hair has been since I was 16, and according to my roommate it should stay short.

I was very good and did only buy things actually on the list, however after a couple of teensy purchases I discovered a line of computer stores. You guessed it, this is being written on my new laptop. The old one is going to NZ in Dec to become my brothers new best friend, which means for two and a half months I have two computers, slightly excessive I know, but this was the plan all along!!! My old one is going to keep coming to work with me, while the new one will live at home. Anyone have encarta and office for me to load on? These are the only things I feel like I am missing on my new one.

No comments:

Post a Comment