Sunday, August 15, 2010

Sick again :(

I have spent the entirety of the weekend in bed with a nasty little bug. Finally last night I felt like I could see some light coming and then what? I get conjunctivitis, I'd had an itchy eye since Thursday so I wasn't so surprised. Thanks to Dr. Google it looks like I have the viral version which means time is the only cure. I don't know if I'm allowed to go to work with conjunctivitis (guessing not) and on top of that I may have to go and see the doctor to prove to my bosses I have it, and also so he can tell me there's nothing he can to do about it. With my new attempt at a budget and saving I did not plan on this and I'm not impressed! I haven't worked long enough to have accrued much sick leave (although I am guessing at least part of this day must be paid) plus the last thing I want to do is pay for a doctor. Up until now my savings money has gone into my account and sat there, I'm liking the growing money and am becoming a tad scroogish with it! Plus I have plans for that money and it does not involve paying copious amounts of money to talk to a doctor for five minutes, after having waited for him for two hours.

On the bright side I tried out Mum's 'tea tree oil cures all' theory (somewhat similar to the windex in My Big Fat Greek Wedding). I diluted the tea tree and then proceeded to put an undiluted drop of oil on my eye, it stung for a little while and then my eye felt a lot better. Since then I have proceeded with the endeavour, double checking the tea tree is actually diluted first. It does appear to be working, for example now I can actually see for long periods of time without getting a pussy layer covering my eye. Last night I was forever cleaning my glasses because of course they are the only possible reason for blurry vision.

I have discovered something very interesting this weekend as well. As you've probably noticed there are now ads on my blog. No I'm not trying to capitalise on whoever it is that actually reads this blog. I signed up to adsense because I was interested to see how many page views I was getting. I discovered that last week I got more than 100 views. Provided no one realised my research gathering mission, and decided to mess with me by opening my page 50 times, I'm feeling flattered! 100 views sounds like a reasonable audience for my life! In a week not only did I get more than 100 views I also got a few clicks on the ads. I was surprised to log in and discover my income is sitting at just over $8. So it's not exactly the hourly wage, but then I wasn't trying to actually earn money with this. If it keeps up then that is $400 a year for doing nothing. I now understand why people have websites! I am contemplating staring another one geared around making money. Any ideas?

Just before I sign out I thought I'd better make it clear, from the data adsense gathers I don't know who is reading my blog, where they come from or basically anything. All I know is how many people open the page in a day. The whole internet thing creeps me out, I like reading blogs however I don't necessarily want the author to know how many times I read their blog. Particularly howtobeisraeli.blogspot.com, if that woman knew how many times I read her blog she'd think I was obssessed with her! By the way, how to be Israeli is a hilarious blog spot however please don't all run over to it. Give my blog a year and it will be pretty much the same thing, so I don't want you all to get all knowledgeable on Israel before I get there. The idea is what I say is supposed to sound unique :)

No comments:

Post a Comment