Thursday, July 22, 2010

Itchy feet

I have been here for three months, I am settled, I enjoy my work, my friends, my shul etc etc. I was concerned that I would reach this point and forget I was ever going to leave. Maybe it's my age or just me being me, but now I am bored of Melbourne and I'm ready to start planning my escape to Israel. To be fair this time last year I was also thinking about going to Israel, Kristi can vouch for that! I decided to go with logic and follow my Rabbi's advice. I made a small move and of course now the excitement of that move has passed I still want to make the big move.
The little terrified child inside of me wants to go and lie on mum's couch for the rest of my life. The adventurous, dominant version of myself would like to be in Israel already. Of course being a planner I am screaming "THIS WASN'T THE PLAN" but if I could be there already I would be.

I have also just discovered if I go with Korean Airlines I can fly there and back for around AUD$2000, about half the price of the others. I'm really not looking forward to the idea of flying that far, but it's a little shorter than 40 years so I guess I should be happy :) So there's my pondering for the night, whether it materialises into concrete plans remains to be seen but it certainly makes this world a little more interesting. Shabbat Shalom everyone!

2 comments:

  1. I can most definitely vouch for that!! Yay for finding a cheap airline!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha...Yay in general! Pondering is becoming concrete plans! This time next year I should be on the other side of the world :)

    ReplyDelete